Friday, March 26, 2010

My Plans for Expired Coupons

I just cleaned out my coupons this week and wish I knew about this program before I put them all in the trash!  Starting today, I am going to send all of my expired coupons to the Overseas Coupon Program for use by military families.

The information below was taken from the Overseas Coupon Program website.

Why would they want my expired coupons?  
     -military commissaries (grocery stores) overseas would accept manufacturer's cents-off coupons for up to six months past their printed expiration dates.

I only get the Sunday paper and don't have enough coupons to donate.
     -There is no minimum.  The average Sunday newspaper contains approximately $125 worth of coupons. Even the smallest donation, when combined with the donations of other individuals, will make a difference in the lives of many military families serving our country overseas.

Can I just send the Sunday inserts?
     -It is better to clip the coupons prior to sending.  By clipping the coupons, you save the volunteers at the base valuable time.  Most organizations are short of needed volunteers.  You also save yourself a lot of additional postage since most of the coupon circulars are wasted paper. 

What type of coupons should I send?
     -“Manufacturer’s Couponsare the coupons of choice since they are accepted at any store.   Coupons from the dispensers in grocery stores, from the internet and from your local newspaper inserts, and dozens of other places are good as long as those magic words are on them: "Manufacturer's Coupon."  You do not need to send internet coupons because the military families have access to those and can print them.

You can read more in the FAQ section on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment