Saturday, March 27, 2010

Coupon Savings Week of 3/21 - CVS

I was able to make it to CVS today since my Granny came over to watch the kids while their swing set was being constructed in the back yard.  I only had a few things on my list, but wanted to make sure I picked them up before the sale and ECBs on these items ended. 

I had to get one unplanned item and that was children's cold medicine.  Evan has been sick for days and I was running low on Triaminic.  Thankfully, I had a $1.50 off coupon and CVS had an instant coupon of $2.00.  Still the medicine cost me $8.50!  I will be sure to keep my eyes out for good stock up prices on medicine for the kids so I don't have to pay retail when they get sick.


Order Summary:
Spent: $23.56
Saved:  $25.94
ECBs earned:  $11.99
Purchased:
2 Jumbo packs Pampers Cruisers Size 4
1 bottle Crest Pro-Health mouthwash
1 tube Colgate toothpaste
1 bottle Triaminic day time
1 bottle Triaminic night time

The diapers were on sale for $8.97 a pack and I earned $3.00 ECBs on the purchase of each pack.  I also had a $2.00 off coupon.  This made the diapers $3.97 a pack after coupons and ECBs. 

The mouthwash was on sale for $3.99, I had a $2.00 off coupon and received $2.00 ECBs.  This means I made $0.01 on the purchase of the mouthwash.

The Colgate was $3.99, I had a $1.00 off coupon and received $3.99 ECBs.  This means I made $1.00 on the purchase of the toothpaste. 

I made sure to scan my bag tag so I am now only 2 scans away from $1.00 of Extra Care Bucks.  For those that don't know.  If you purchase a bag tag at CVS and have it scanned each time you make a purchase, even when picking up prescriptions, you will earn $1.00 every 4 times you have the bag scanned.  I keep my bag tag with my Extra Care card so I don't forget to have it scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment