Saturday, August 7, 2010

Savings Week of July 26th

Last week was my first week back to coupon shopping. My family was able to eat fairly well on what we had from my last bout with couponing that I just didn't feel the drive to get into it over the past month or so.  My hiatus is over and I'M BACK!

I forgot how much I enjoyed the thrill of getting items for free and seeing a $100 total go down to $40.

I can't find my Kroger receipt from last week but I know the total paid was $40 and the initial bill was $100.  If I can locate the receipt I will post my Kroger savings then.

Last week I went to Kroger, Meijer, Walgreens, and Target.  I skipped CVS because there wasn't anything there that I really needed.

I had a little trouble at Walgreens with the cashier and my printed coupons.  They said that their policy was to no longer accept them because they have been getting lots of forged ones.  I assured them that I printed them at home none of them were forged.  They finally accepted them, but I may stop shopping at Walgreens if this continues to be an issue.

Between Meijer, Walgreens and Target I saved $133.57.  I spent $77.22.  We purchased a few impulse items at Target that took our total up higher than I would have liked.  With the $40 spent at Kroger I spent $117.22.  When the Kroger savings of $60 is included, I saved $193.57.

It seems that spending $117 on groceries isn't much of a savings.  My purchases included household items, diapers, laundry detergent, a board game, socks, formula, and groceries.  In the past I would easily spend $150-$200 a week on groceries alone.  When the other products are added in, I could have spent $250-$300.

Even though I am saving money, I would like to eventually get my weekly spending down to $40-$80 per week.  It will be difficult while I still have two little ones in diapers and one on formula.

Here is a breakdown of money spent and saved at each store.  I have also included what I was able to get for the money spent.

Meijer:
Spent: $28.28
Saved:  $92.21
Items Purchased:
2 Rolos
3 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1 Reese's Whipped
1 Pack of buns
1 4-pack Yo-Plus yogurt
1 4-pack Fiber One yogurt
8 boxes of GoGurt
4 bags of Chex Mix
1 loaf of bread
2 7 packs of boy's socks
1 6 pack of men's socks
2 packs of tortillas
6 Smart Ones Frozen meals
2 packs of bologna
4 boxes Totino's Pizza Rolls
4 boxes Kellogg's Fiber Plus cereal
2 bags Dole lettuce
3 pepperoni pizzas


Walgreens:
Spent: $4.09

Saved: $17.39
Items Purchased:
2 2-packs of 3M Command wall hooks

2 rolls of 3M Scotch tape
3 mini composition books
3 cans Hunt's tomato sauce
2 cans black olives


Target:
Spent: $44.85
Saved: $25.97
Items Purchased:
1 can Similac Advance - Powder ($20.99)

1 game of Clue Secrets & Spies ($11.98)
4 8-packs Juicy Juice
4 Chef-Boyardee microwave meals
4 Kid Cuisine frozen meals
4 boxes Bagel Bites
4 bottles Sobe Lifewater

No comments:

Post a Comment