Monday, August 16, 2010

Giant Eagle This Week - Coupon Matchups and Personal Summary

I was checking the blogs and going through my Giant Eagle ad to find the best deals this week.  I have a difficult time finding a blogger that sufficiently covers Giant Eagle. I love Deal Seeking Mom for Kroger and Meijer match ups but am not finding any sites that are frequently updated and accurate for Giant Eagle shopping in Columbus, OH.  If you find a site that you love, please share it with me.

I picked up Huggies this week. They are $19.99 per box but you also get $0.30 in Fuelperks when you buy two.  I have some $3.00 coupons left but I can't find any of them anymore to share.  You can get $2.00 off per box from Coupons.com.

2 boxes = $39.98
$4.00 off = $35.98
+ $0.30 in Fuelperks and the $35 counts toward your Fuelperks earnings

In order to maximize my savings, I had 2 orders at the check out this week. The first included the diapers and the total was $53.21 the second was only $3.89. The second is pretty amazing to me because for that $3.89 I was able to get: 4 cans of Tomato Soup, 3 Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese's, 2 bags of gummy lifesavers, 2 cucumbers and 1 box of Ronzoni pasta.


If you take the diapers out of the equation for the first order I spent $19.23 and here is what I purchased:
3 bags Kraft Homestyle Mac and Cheese
2 boxes Ronzoni pasta
2 bags Lifesaver gummies
2 jars Vlassic pickles
1 bag Texas Toast croutons
4 cans of Campbell's Tomato Soup
6 cans of Hunt's diced tomatoes
2 Vanish drop ins
1 box of Purex 3 in 1s
1 bottle of Purex laundry detergent (32 loads)
1 tube of Colgate toothpaste

Kraft Mac & Cheese:  I was able to get a fantastic deal on the Mac & Cheese, it is a new product so that usually means sales combined with coupons.  The blog I checked before heading to the store had these listed at $2.00 each. At my Giant Eagle they were $1.85 so combined with my $1 off coupons they were only $0.85 each! You can find the $1 off coupon in your Smart Source from 8/8 - I had 4 of them so was able to stock up on them. If you don't have the coupons from 8/8 you can also find the $1 off here: Kraft Homestyle Printable.  Remember this is a Bricks coupon so you can hit your browsers back button to print it twice.

Hunt's Tomatoes:  The Hunt's tomatoes were $1 each. I used two $1 off 3 coupons from the 8/1 Smart Source insert.  This made them $0.67 each. I like to stock up on items like this because I add it to my spaghetti and chili when I don't have enough vegetables from my CSA.

Colgate Toothpaste:  Colgate is $1, you can use the $0.50 off coupon from the 7/25 Smart Source and once the coupon is doubled the toothpaste will be FREE!

Lifesavers:  Bags of gummy Lifesavers are $1 this week. Print the $0.50 off coupons and score free Lifesavers once it is doubled.  The coupon can be found here: Lifesaves Printable. The link will take you to a promo page for Wal-Mart, just scroll to the bottom of the page to Sweet Savings and click on Get Special Savings Now.


Pickles:  Some varieties of Vlassic pickles are $1.88 this week.  Use this $0.55 off one printable and get pickles for $0.78 each.  Pickles Printable

Soup:  Campbell's soup is on sale this week 2 for $1. I used a printable $0.50 off 2 coupon. When doubled this was $1 off 2 so the soup was FREE!  Campbell's Soup Printable

This is my first time posting match ups, I hope you find them useful and all the links work for you.  I appreciate any feedback - positive or negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment