Sunday, August 8, 2010

Walgreens Week of 8/1 - Is it time for Walgreens to go?

Walgreens
Spent:  $11.85
Saved: $36.13
Items Purchased:
4 Stage 2 Gerber baby foods
1 Walgreens Baby vapor bath
3 Hershey's 5th Avenue Bars
3 packs Huggies wipes (72 wipes per container)

I am on the verge of nixing Walgreens from my weekly shopping. This is the second time my printed coupons have been called into question and I have had to explain them to the cashier and manager.  They keep telling me that their own store policy says they can't accept the internet coupons.  It is too much hassle to get them to take them and they make me feel like a criminal when I try to use them.  I might try another Walgreens next week to see if I get better service. If not, I won't be shopping there anymore.  Is anyone else having issues at their local Walgreens?

I was very lucky at Walgreens this week and wish I would have stopped in before other shoppers raided the baby isle.  There were many items significantly marked down as they are clearing out some of the products.  I was able to get the Baby vapor bath for $0.82 and the Pull-Ups were only $3.19 per pack, marked down from $8.99 each.  I also had coupons for $1.50 off each Pull-Up so I was able to get those for $1.69 each.  The baby food was also on sale for $0.42 per two pack.  I didn't have any coupons and Daphne is enjoying chunkier food but I plan on mixing what I purchased with cereal and using my food processor to add rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment