Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just Finished Sorting Coupons - Here's a Sneak Peek at What I am Buying This Week

I have made the decision to ban Walgreens from my weekly shopping trips.  They had some great deals but have just become to restrictive and accusatory with their coupons policy that I am going to save myself the hassle and focus my couponing and spending my money elsewhere.

This week I plan on shopping at CVS, Kroger, Meijer, and Target.  Kroger is my most extensive shopping trip of the week.  The deals are pretty light in some of the stores.  I do need to get out and find school supplies. 

At Kroger this week I have the following items on my list:  Sobe water, Progresso Soup, Welch's jelly, Ziploc bags, Sunny D, Quaker rice cakes, Gardettos snacks, and CoCo Puffs.

I am only getting All detergent, a Schick razor and Huggies wipes at CVS this week.  I don't think the Vitamin Water is 10 for $10 again, if it is and I can repeat the ECB deal I will likely pick more up.

Meijer has a fantastic deal on Smart Balance milk this week.  I have never purchased this before but I don't think my family will notice the difference and with coupons the 1/2 gallons are free so there better not be any complaining!  I will be picking up 2 1/2 gallons of milk, Campbell's Healthy Request (also free), Campbell's tomato soup (Liam's go to for lunch), Lipton tea, Ragu spaghetti sauce, Revlon products, and Skippy peanut butter.

Lastly, I will be stopping at Target to pick up just a few items.  My hubby needs a 1 gallon cooler/jug for iced tea at work so I will be picking one of those up  - without a coupon!! Oh the shame!  It isn't that bad since I should be getting the other two items for free and like to purchase something for possible overage and less suspicion of thievery.  I will be picking up Scotch Tape, the rolls are advertised at $0.50 each and I have coupons for $1.50 off of 3 so they should be free.  I bought tape the other week and kept thinking, why am I getting this?  I then realized if it is cheap now is the time to stock up for the upcoming holiday season and with 3 kids we have lots of Christmas wrapping along with other gifting events throughout the year.  I am also going to pick up Post It Notes. They are supposed to be $1 and I have coupons for $1 off so that should make them free!

Here is the $1 off 1 Post it Notes coupon $1/1 Post it Note and here is the Scotch tape $1.50 off 3 coupon $1.50/3 Scotch Tape.  Both of these are pdf documents so there shouldn't be a limit on how many you can print.

Happy Shopping!

UPDATE:  I went to Target yesterday and was unable to find $1 super sticky post it notes or the $0.50 scotch tape.  I did end up getting Crystal Light drink packets for free - they were $1.97 each and I had 3 $2 off coupons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment