Sunday, August 8, 2010

Meijer Week of 8/1 - How did I spend $50 out of pocket?!

Meijer:
Spent: $57.55
Saved:  $46.55
Purchased:
2 boxes of Huggies diapers ($19.77 each!)
2 tubs of Huggies wipes
1 1/2 gallon of Silk Vanilla Soymilk
10 bottles of Sobe lifewater
4 boxes of Post Raisin Bran
4 boxes of Cinnabon cereal
2 gallons milk
1 bottle of Soy cooking oil
1 box of Glad garbage bags

WOW! My trip to Meijer was expensive this week. Usually with a bill over $50, I am going to have a receipt that is as tall as me and a cart full of groceries.  I kept looking at the total and then looking in the cart, until I realized the death of any mom's budget is the dreaded diaper!  They are so expensive, I use coupons whenever I can but with 2 kids in diapers there isn't much I can do.

Daphne wears Gro Baby Diapers on the weekends and whenever I am home so that helps a little.  I am also not a snob about which brand of diapers I use.  In the past I purchased the store brands on occasion and didn't really have issues with them.  I have found that I don't really like Luvs because they aren't very absorbent.  Using coupons and sales, I have been pretty good with getting Jumbos packs of Huggies and Pampers for around $4-$7 a pack. This week at Meijer if you purchased a box of Huggies diapers you received a free pack of wipes.  I had $3off Huggies diapers and with my coupons I got $1.00 off the wipes.  This made the price for two boxes of diapers and two tubs of wipes $31.54.

When I subtract the $31.54 for diapers and wipes the bill from Meijer seems a bit more reasonable for what I purchased.  The 8 boxes of cereal, milk, etc...only cost me $26.01.

No comments:

Post a Comment