Saturday, August 14, 2010

CVS Savings Week of 8/8

This week at CVS ended up breaking my order into two transactions.  I decided that since I have stopped nursing, I would like to go back on Alli.  CVS had the refill kit (120 pills) for $49.99.  I ended up paying $37.29 after using my coupons.  I used a $5 off $25, and the $11 ECBs I earned last week.  Now to the real CVS shopping which took place on my second order.

Spent:  $12.44
Saved:  $27.75
Earned:  $7 ECBs
Used: $5 off $25
Items Purchased:
4 2-liters of Diet Coke
2 packs of Huggies wipes (216 wipes in each)
1 Schick Hydro 5 razor
1 Schick shave gel

The wipes were $6 each and if you spent $10 in Huggies products you received $3.00 ECBs. I also had coupons for $2.00 off each so I spent $8.00 out of pocket but received $3 back. This made the wipes $2.50 each.

The razor was another ECB special, with the purchase of 1 you received $4.00 in ECBs. The razor was $8.97 but I also had a $5 off coupon.  This made the razor $3.97 out of pocket and then I received $4 for next time.  I was also lucky enough to grab a razor with a tear off coupon that gave me a free shave gel with the purchase of the razor.  I was able to pick this up for free, it had originally be $4.29.

Diet Coke was not a planned item for me, however I received a $1 of 2 from the Extra Care machine.  Coke was on sale 2 for 3 and I found a bottle that had a coupon for a free 2 liter when you purchase 3.  I grabbed 4 and ended up getting all 4 for $3.50 or $0.88 each.

I decided to go ahead with my Walgreens ban and it made my shopping this week much less stressful.  I

No comments:

Post a Comment