Thursday, March 25, 2010

Coupon Savings Week of 3/21 - Walgreens

I had a good week at Walgreens.  I did learn that you can only use two Register Rewards (RR) per order. I would have had my orders for close to free this week if I had been able to use all of the $30 I earned last week.  I was able to stock up on diapers at a reasonable price, earn more Register Rewards and keep the remaining rewards to use next week.  The rewards I earned last week expire on 3/31 so I need to be sure I use them or I am pretty much throwing away cash!  The rewards I earned today don't expire until 4/8 so I have time to hold onto them.

In order to take advantage of the maximum amount of register rewards, I had two separate orders this week.  Huggies diapers were $8.99 and you received $5 in  RR with the purchase of 3.  Planters Trail Mix was 2 for $3 and I had 3 $1.50 coupons and one $1 coupon.

Order Quick View: 
Spent:  $22.98

Total Savings: $48.38
Earned: $10 in Register Rewards
Purchased:3 packs Huggies size 6 diapers (20 diapers per pack)
1 pack Huggies size 3 diapers (36 diapers per pack)
2 packs Huggies size 4 diapers (31 diapers per pack)
4 bags of Planters Trail Mix

On the first order I used 3 coupons for $3 off one pack of Huggies.  This made each pack $5.99 (total $17.97).  Once the RR rewards of $5 are factored in, I was able to purchase the 3 packs of diapers for $12.97 out of pocket or $4.32 per pack.  This is a pretty good price for diapers.  I now have a nice stockpile of them since I also bought them at Giant Eagle two weeks ago.

Since I could only use two RR per order I still have $12 in RR earned last week. My total RR left to spend is $22.

No comments:

Post a Comment