Thursday, May 20, 2010

Coupon Savings Week of 5/16 - Kroger

I was able to stock up on juice and water at Kroger this week.  My kids go through cycles where they will want juice all the time, to not really wanting it at all. We are at a juice all the time point in their drinking cycle so having this on hand for such a cheap price is great.  I am dieting so I bought the Tropicana 50 juice which has less fat and calories, so if the kids don't drink it, I will.

Checkout Summary:
Total spent:  $38.92
Total savings:  $49.42
Earned: $5.00 toward next order

Order Summary:
10 Beechnut baby food jars
4 24 packs of Nestle water
1 2 liter of Diet Mt. Dew
2 Jumbo packs of huggies
2 packs Oscar Meyer light bologna
1 bag Dole salad
6 cartons Tropicana 50
1 box Kelloggs Blueberry mini-wheats
4 packs of blackberries
1 cucumber
1 bunch of green onions

Kroger sometimes sends me special coupons, I was able to get the salad and 1 pack of bologna for free.  I had a coupon for $1.00 off of two Oscar Meyer meats and they were on sale for $0.98 each so I ended up getting both for free.  I got the mini-wheats for free because I emailed a complaint to Kelloggs when one of the boxes of their mini-wheats was seriously lacking in frosting.  They sent me the coupon as a thank you for my feedback.

Blackberries were $1 each, the cucumber was $0.55 and the green onions were $0.50.  The baby food was 10 for $4.00.  I didn't have coupons for any of these items but the prices were good and we will use them so I went ahead and picked them up.

I had 6 coupons for $1.00 off of Tropicana 50 juice.  It was on sale this week for $2.38, using the $1.00 off made each carton $1.38 which is a pretty good price for juice. 

The water was a pretty good deal.  It was on sale for $3.34 a pack and I had coupons that were $1.00 off of 2 packs.  There was also a Catalina deal which is how I got $5.00 toward my next order.  That made the 4 packs of water $6.34 or $1.59 each.  We usually don't buy bottled water but at those prices it is nice to have when we are on the go or when we have company.

Diapers and baby products make it difficult to keep a really low grocery bill.  I know some of the bargain hunters are able to get all of their products for less than $40 a week.  I have certainly lowered my grocery bill by using coupons and stock piling but I don't think I am that low. 

I was able to get a good deal on diapers at Kroger this week.  Huggies were on sale for $8.99 and I had 2 $3.00 coupons.  This took the price for each pack to $5.99 which is a good price.  Kroger was also running a promotion that gave you and instant $3.00 off your order if you purchase $15.00 in Huggies products.  This made the diapers $4.49 a pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment